During lockdown I finally started to run and couldn’t find a simple Couch To 5K app that worked well independently on the Apple Watch. So in the end I decided to create my own and use it as a learning opportunity to learn more about WatchKit and SwiftUI.
Watch to 5K will help you gradually work up towards running 5K in just 9 weeks. The running plan is for absolute beginners. It involves 3 runs a week, with a day of rest in between, and a different schedule for each of the 9 weeks.
- Standalone Watch application that runs independently without the need for you iPhone.
- Sessions are stored to Apple Health and count towards your activity goals.
- Works alongside your preferred music player or podcast watch app, automatically ‘dipping’ the volumes so you can hear the instructions and updates on your progress.
- Easy to follow countdown timer that uses sounds and haptics so you know how long you’ve got left of each run
- Tracks Distance, Calories, Average speed and Heart Rate.
- Signals the halfway point, so you know when to head home!
- Full details of your workouts are visible in the Apple Activity app on your iPhone
- Ability to repeat runs, allowing you to go at a pace that suits you.
- Lets you track your progress and awards trophies
The application has been featured on several websites including MacRumors.
The app is available in all countries on the Apple App Store for £2.99 (or equivalent).
For more details visit the Couch to 5K for Apple Watch app website watchto5k.com.